Friday, May 22, 2009

I had another married-to-Colin dream last night. I can understand my dreaming about the WLiiA guys, but Colin? Why can't my subconscious pair me with one of the cute ones, like Chip or Jeff?

A friend at church, who's been divorced for about 10 years, told me at the beginning of this process that she called her divorce experience "the summer of the dog." Apparently in the middle of it all, she processed and settled herself by sitting in her back yard with gin-and-tonics and cigarettes, throwing the ball for her dog over and over. I shall call this past year "the year of Whose Line." When I'm overwhelmed, scared, sad, angry, whatever, I go to YouTube, search for WLiiA stuff, and just turn my brain off. I don't know if it helps or not, but it sure gives me interesting matrimonial dreams.

I had the Little Miss, Nesterino, and Copper Top this morning. What chaos! But it was kind of fun, too ...a four-year-old girl, a two-year old boy and a one-year-old boy. And I might get another part-time two-year-old next week! CT's mom's sister has a couple of coworkers who need childcare for their son a few days a week, and Jan gave me a glowing recommendation.

Copper Top is getting really cute. He calls me Oropher House, calls anything he might run into a "bonkyourhead," and says "bless you, Oropher House!" whenever I sneeze or cough. He and the Little Miss played "nap" today - got out a blanket and all the pillows, lay down for thirty seconds, then informed me they didn't have to nap this afternoon because they'd already taken care of it. Riiiight ...

So, [info]warnerharmer took her kiddos home, I put Copper Top down, had some lunch, tried to catch up on Facebook (a futile task), and cleaned the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. I have a headache - I can't decide if it's lack-of-caffeine, front-moving-through, or just the aftereffects of having three children under the age of five in my living room for four hours.

Just sitting here, I have seen brown thrashers, a red-throated sapsucker, blue jays, male and female cardinals, a male bluebird (gorgeous!), one of the nesting pairs of rufus-sided towhees, a tufted titmouse (go ahead and giggle; I always do), and a zillion squirrels, cursing me for using a squirrel-proof feeder. But they're feasting on stale bread and eyeing my cat cautiously, so I'm not overly concerned.

Tomorrow, I bring the Munchkin up to the barn to do stalls, then it's off to Nicola's for our staging at eleven. That will probably take most of the day! Home, fix the soulvaki, sleep, up, church, soulvaki at Warnerharmer's, and then ... the Spring Shimmy! I'm so nervous. I simply can't do headslides, and the floor work is complicated by the mermaid skirts we have to wear. But the Sidi Mansour costumes are adorable! Black satin harem pants with hot pink flares, a matching tie-top, and a black coin sash!

Today is the last day of school. FINALLY. What a craptastic year. Oh, and I changed the SysAdmin name on my computer to "dorkwad." Just in case.

No comments: